Learning & Development
Redrow believes that well-trained employees are key to our success. We therefore provide excellent opportunities for development of appropriate skills, both through in-house training and external courses at every level. These initiatives ensure that we foster a culture of continuous improvement to meet the increasingly complex demands of the development industry.
- Training opportunities are available for trade skills across the UK, providing a valuable opportunity to work towards a nationally recognised qualification from the Construction Industry.
- All development sales consultants attended our third annual Sales Training event and are now enrolled onto the Redrow Sales Accreditation Programme, providing courses and on-the-job training aimed at enhancing sales performance and customer service delivery.
- We have developed a focused training programme for sustainability related issues. Courses have been structured to encompass general environmental awareness and advice concerning the recently introduced Code for Sustainable Homes . In support of our site based objectives a Site Manager Environmental Training programme was devised and delivered. To date, 999 employees have attended the programme from construction teams across the country. Course material included general environment awareness, pollution prevention, waste minimisation, waste management, wildlife and all associated legislation. The course encourages delegates to link the issues with Redrow’s activities
- Courses are designed to complement a range of existing programmes, which include Urban Design, Health and Safety and staff development, ensuring that understanding of the principles of sustainability are embedded throughout all levels of the organisation.
As part of the Major Home Builder Group skills initiative with CITB – Construction Skills, we aim to increase the number of qualified people in the industry. Redrow expects all our subcontractors working onsite to hold the relevant CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card. Similarly, all appropriate employees within Redrow have been encouraged to obtain their job related CSCS card.
At the last Major Homebuilders Group audit 99% of employees and subcontractors on Redrow developments held the appropriate CSCS card.
- Redrow expects that all our subcontractors have the relevant CSCS card to work onsite, and aims to ensure a qualified workforce by Dec 2010.
- The third cohort of Assistant Site Managers completed the Redrow Accreditation Programme which includes the NVQ level 3 in Residential Site Supervision. 31 Assistants have now completed the programme.
- The company has a dedicated Group Training Centre in Tamworth, which is managed by the Human Resources department. Here a specialist Training Manager and three qualified trainers deliver training programmes to both new and experienced staff. During 2006/7 Redrow delivered 5,000 equivalent days of training, an average of 4 days training for each employee.
- Further training is available through our practical on-site training, sponsorship for for academic and professional qualifications and in-house Safety Training Credit Scheme.
- Specialist environmental management training is also provided by the Group Training Centre.
» Redrow in Action - Learning and Development